Today, I have a quiz for you. But don’t worry, it’s an easy one that doesn’t require any studying. Here it is…
One Question Quiz
What are your clients buying?
So, what do you think?
“The annual revenue of the cosmetic industry in the U.S. is $56,875,000,000, and facial skin care represents the largest part of cosmetic industry.”
When you read that, you can clearly see that clients are purchasing A LOT of what we are selling.
Maybe this information has you wondering what you can do to make sure clients are purchasing from you… and you should be wondering this!
You have the knowledge, expertise, and the products, but what the heck is it that triggers someone to buy from you rather than online or from a major department store?
I happen to have that answer for you and it’s also the answer to the quiz.
The answer is: Positioning
Clients are purchasing your positioning. Period.
Clients will decide to invest – or not – based on how you choose to position yourself.
To position yourself properly, you have to hold yourself to the highest standards in these three areas:
1. Your Professionalism – The busiest beauty biz practitioners I know are the ones who take this seriously as a career and conduct business in a professional manner.
Although professionalism is rarely taught, it is actually not that hard to incorporate into your practice. Some areas to consider:
- Are you leaving the house looking put together?
- Are you running on time?
- Are you answering the phone in a pleasant, welcoming manner?
- Are you maintaining a polished demeanor throughout your workday?
2. Your Social Etiquette – This can range from what you choose to share on your social media platforms to how well you utilize your ability to feel compassion and empathy towards others.
My advice is to always keep it positive and professional.
3. Your Ability to Connect – This seems to be one of the biggest business success trends of 2017 so why not take advantage!?!
Something that is easy, free, and has a huge ROI (return on investment) is simply to let your clients know you care about them even after the sale takes place. Some ways to do this are:
- Take the time to do your pre and post check-in calls.
- Send out those handwritten thank you notes.
- Give your clients the gift of a stress free experience. Be sure you listen more than you talk.
- Don’t give “free” advice even though you feel you are helping… it is not always welcome.
Professional positioning creates trust and respect
People purchase from those they know, like and trust.
Positioning yourself as a genuine and authentic expert in your field is what will help you seize the opportunity to capture a sale, and tap into unlimited abundance in this amazing industry.
Think of one thing you can do to up your game when it comes to presenting yourself as a beauty biz professional. Please share it below.